Problem with archived puzzles
MJOYPosted: Wed Sep 12 2018 03:02 am

I like to go back and solve puzzles in the archive that are marked "unfinished." because I never finished them.  This only works if I had never started the puzzle before, or if the time indicator shows the time actually spent previously on the puzzle.  It does not work if I had previously saved a partial solution but the time indicator shows 00.00.00. In the latter case, even if I finish solving the puzzle and click SAVE, it still shows as unfinished and the completed solution doesn't get saved. It just reverts back to the way it was, partially done. Anyone else have this problem and is there a way to get around it?

AdminPosted: Thu Sep 13 2018 11:20 am

MJOY wrote :

I like to go back and solve puzzles in the archive that are marked "unfinished." because I never finished them.  This only works if I had never started the puzzle before, or if the time indicator shows the time actually spent previously on the puzzle.  It does not work if I had previously saved a partial solution but the time indicator shows 00.00.00. In the latter case, even if I finish solving the puzzle and click SAVE, it still shows as unfinished and the completed solution doesn't get saved. It just reverts back to the way it was, partially done. Anyone else have this problem and is there a way to get around it?

That's definitely a bug, I'll look into it. I don't think many people do the archived puzzles so it's not as robustly tested as the daily puzzle.

MJOYPosted: Mon Sep 24 2018 03:49 am

Still not working.  When I finished yesterday's puzzle today, I got an error message saying I'm not logged in (I was logged in) and it didn't save my time, just stayed as "unfinished."

lethanPosted: Thu Sep 27 2018 10:05 am

I would also like to see this bug fixed. I like to complete all puzzles and if have had started a daily puzzle and not completed it, then I'm unable to finish it if I try at a later date.

AdminPosted: Fri Sep 28 2018 02:40 pm

Thanks for the additional info. I'm looking into it, though I've had a hard time tracking down the "not logged in" bug.